Saturday, October 11, 2008

Case closed

We traveled from Hiroshima to Kagoshima, quite a long way, on three
different trains. Shortly after we arrived, I realized that our camera
was missing from the outside pocket of my purse where it had been
living. Did someone swipe it? Doubtful in Japan.

I went back in the train station and went to the train ticket office.
The woman behind the window didn't really speak English, but I was
able to explain what happened. I told her the names of the trains we
had been on and that I thought the camera might have fallen out on the
train. She told me to come back in 30 minutes.

When I came back, she told me that they had our camera at the previous
station and they would mail it overnight to our next address which I
provided. Case closed.

Now how would this story have ended in the US?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is impressive. Also impressive that you managed to communicate in this situation without speaking Japanese.