Sunday, November 23, 2008

For Susanna

In answer to some of your questions...

The 7-11 is run by Japanese people (we noticed almost no immigrant
labor). And they would literally run to open a new register if it
looked like anyone was ready to check out.

And no, I didn't take a sushi class. I already knew how to make
tamago. I even have a special pan. I just didn't know how popular it
is with the kids. I know how to make sushi too - enough to know that
I'd rather eat it at a restaurant. But I do have a good hand-roll
sushi set at home. Wait until you see my stash of new bento box gear.

And you got mikan at HK? Are you sure they aren't Spanish clementines?
Are they as delicious as I described?

Thanks for all of your comments on posts. It is nice to know someone
is reading the blog, even when Grammie and Grampie are out of town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were not clementines. They were smaller, sweeter and more delicious. HK had four different kinds of peel and eat oranges. When you return, we can try them all. They were not called mikan. That is just a fancy Japanese term. Also know as "Seedless mandarin" to the Chinese.